Installing a privacy fence is something that many people would like to know who to do, yet this is a little complicated to try without having clear instructions on how to do it. Thus, those who would like to know how to put up a privacy fence will find the instructions for this below.
1. First of all people need to measure the place where they will install the fence. For an accurate measure, they should ask for the help of a friend who will hold the end so they can keep the measure tape low to the ground to avoid sagging.
2. The number of fence panels will now have to be calculated based on the measurements obtained. The logic is that the more panels used, the sturdier the fence. There must be at least one post where ever 2 fence panels meet and on each side of the gate.
3. Learning how to put up a privacy fence implies that individuals should also check out the sale papers before buying materials is recommended. To bring the privacy fence home people will also need to consider hiring a van or maybe a truck. Lastly, they should also get a posthole digger which will save them a lot of work and time. If they get it from a store they can ask the people there to help them out with selecting the right latch, hinges, screws, nails and of course, hardware.
4. After all materials are gathered in order to build privacy fence, people will need to go through their plans again and ensure everything is right. It’s recommended to start at one end, most of the times abutting a wall of the garage or of the home. Then, the holes will have to be dug using the posthole digger. Next in the “how to put up a privacy fence” project, the concrete has to be mixed by following the directions.
5. After each hole is dug, the post will have to be dropped into it, around one point five to two feet deep and then individuals will have to continue on with filling the concrete. After completing this task, individuals will deserve a break. The concrete will usually require until the next day to dry.
6. In the second day, the posts and concrete will have to be checked and see if it has dried up and the posts are secure in their holes. If everything is as it’s supposed to be, then the wood privacy fence can be installed. The wooden privacy fence panels will have to face the same direction. Of course, some panels will be great to be mounted so they can show their backsides.
7. Lastly, the gate will have to be added to the wooden privacy fence. Its hinges should be installed and then it should be attached to the fence post (the same rules apply regarding the latch as well).
It seems that building a privacy fence can be very easy for those who want to do this, as with these directions, making a mistake will be very hard. Learning how to put up a privacy fence will not only make this task cost free (compared to hiring a professional), but people will also have the pride they made it themselves!